For 2018 it has been decided to combine the NI and ROI Great Game Fairs of Ireland into what will be the largest Game Fair and Country
Living event ever seen in Ireland. In order that we can celebrate this momentous occasion in Irish country sports history with the widest
possible audience we are giving special discounted admission to those travelling a distance i.e
We have given special admission rates to ROI visitors of just €5 and FREE admission to UK visitors and all facets of the event have
been enhanced. We already have booked several new attractions including:
- Hosting the Irish awards of the Delicious Fine Food magazine awards and kitchen( 700,000 facebook followers).
- The hosting of the making of a BBC programme and possibly two programmes.
- The visit of Fieldsports Channel TV with a stand and to make a programme for their worldwide audience
- The making of a Game Fair & Fine Food Festival programme by Image Media Films and the making of a BBC programme around the event.
- A superb range of competitions with an unrivalled prize fund including very special 'rub' enhanced 40th anniversary trophies to be won outright
- The largest number of trade stands including several new ones including a gunsmithing/gun fitting stand.
- All facets of the fair enhanced including the best prize structure; the best Fine Food Festival ; the largest Living History
Festival and the best range of arena attractions.
When the members of the organising team launched the first major Irish Game Fair in 1978 their objectives included promoting the importance of
countrysports, farming and conservation interests working together for the preservation of the Irish countryside and the rural way of life.
Over forty years on that objective is, if anything more relevant, as the whole rural way of life if not threatened with government legislation
or interference with tradition, is threatened with habitat destruction. There is the need for a strong unified voice to promote balance within
the countryside amongst land users such as farming, building, country sports, conservation and tourism interests.
You can help demonstrate the support for Irish country sports through your attendance to make the event at Shanes Castle on the 23rd &
24th June the largest gathering of country sports enthusiasts ever seen in Ireland.